Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Easy Homemade Tocino

Tosilog has got to be my all-time pinoy breakfast favorite. Unfortunately, the only available tocino here in Seattle has preservatives so I was forced to make homemade tocino. I tried several recipes (some with pineapple juice, some with apple cider vinegar) but this one is the easiest...and closest to the tocino taste I've been craving for.

What you need:

1 tsp. annatto powder (Achuete)
2 tbsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1 head garlic, crushed (optional)
1 k. chicken tights or breast de-boned
cooking oil

Steps:

  • Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl and coat chicken with mixture.
  • Pile chicken inside a container with cover and keep refrigerated for 2-3 days to cure.
  • To cook, fry in frying pan until it caramelizes on the edges.

source: http://overseaspinoycooking.blogspot.com/2008/01/chicken-tocino.html

(Pictures to follow din..still waiting for my atchara eh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment